Friday, November 15, 2013

Nous Etions Deux



1. Diwali Dolly. Dog as muse. 

2. Artists I'm Thrilled Are Included in the Whitney Biennial:

Etel Adnan (worth spending some time explorating her site; she's an inspiration)
Alma Allen (Joshua Tree represents! Congrats, Alma and Nancy!)
Full list here

3. Block Shop massive inventory explosion extravaganzoid coming (very!) soon. Sneak peeks on our Instagram. Above, my painting/natural dye block print we're tentatively calling Monarch.

4. Have a good weekend. Here's some French surfer psychedelia: La Femme's Nous Etions Deux.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're (tentatively) sticking with Monarch! There were so many good suggestions on that photo but it's really a good fit (+ bonus regality!)

    Also, a cool coincidence: I saw one of those marigold wreaths hanging on the fence of a church here in South Boston yesterday, but didn't recognize what it was. Diwali on D street?! Can't wait for Block Shop's new releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this portrait! A Block Shop scarf is definitely on my very short Xmas wish list. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love french people in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song pretty much just blew my mind. And I'm asking for a Block Shop scarf for Christmas. That's all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. be thrilled for Rhys Ernst, a fab former student of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and my good friend Julie Ault! (NY & JT!)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: