Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Finally, A Shop Apron for Gentlewomyn

{Stitch & Hammer's Rosie the Riveter-Worthy Shop Apron}




Wanna know what's really hard to find? An indestructible shop apron that fits a she-person.

Well, praise sweet lil' baby Krishna, because Amy from Stitch & Hammer Goods started making SHOP APRONS FOR ROUGH & TUMBLE GENTLEWOMYN. After a few back-and-forth emails in which she was incredibly patient with my excessive, specific questions (are the leather straps supple enough to tie in a) a bow; b) a double-bow; or c) a rainbow and could one, if necessary, fit both a hammer *and* snacks in the front pocket) I peeked at my materials budget (ugh, dread of dreads) and decided to spring for one. And it's honestly been the best work-related purchase I've made all year because I can now carry brushes, paint, rags, iPhone (and yes, snacks!) in my apron pocket whilst scampering around the studio trying to makeh ze paintingz. The craftsmanship is beyond compare. I rarely write about material goods here on bigBANG, but I had to gush about this one.

And so. If you are a rough & tumble gentlewomyn and you spend time making a mess I suggest you click over to Stitch & Hammer this very moment and scoop up one of these puppies tout de suite before she sells out again. (And if you live in San Francisco, Pot + Pantry now sells them in their shop in the Mission.) You're veltcome. 

12 comments:

  1. now i just need to fabricate a need for such a thing. maybe i'll take up metalsmithing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, one word: BAKING. It's actually designed to be a kitchen apron, it turns out, but Amy added the giant pocket for us studio biznatches.

      But metalsmithery gets my full support just the same.

      Delete
  2. That would be PERFECT for ze flowerz shop. I can't tell you how many aprons I rendered useless because I forgot to close my clippers before stashing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, do it.

      DO IT DO IT DO IT. I feel like I can fight wars in this thing, then wear it out to parties. It's that tough and cute at the same time. Ta-da!

      Delete
  3. Dang you, for convincing me that I absolutely NEED an apron I don't have money for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHH!!!! It's incredible AND a tax-write-off. Sold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it can fit an assortment of plastic dinosaurs, goldfish crackers, and a small flask of vodka than I totally need one!!

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: