Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Show Recap

{And Thank You}







The opening was a dream. We got a great turn-out, kept the Prosecco flowing, and when my beloved sparkly-eyed kindergarten teacher walked in I nearly fell over. P., who deserves the gold star for being the best unpaid studio assistant in history, along with my sidekick kid sister, mom, parents-in-law, old family friends, childhood hockey teammates, and good-natured strangers eager for a dose of painterly floral immoderation- to all of you who came, THANK YOU!

AND! AND! Three absolutely delightful bloggers came! Amelie and Ariele drove down from Brooklyn and squeezed a little abandoned barn scouting into the trip for Ariele's unbelievably gorgeous salvaged floorboard tables. And Heather and her hubby drove all the way up from BALTIMORE, giddy to have a mini road trip for the fist time since their adorable baby was born. The three of them were so lovely and such sisters-in-arms it only further proved how strong a kinship this network of bloggers truly is, but we already knew that. I'm still pinching myself that all these wonderful people made such herculean efforts to come. Say It With Flowers is up through February 2nd, by the by, if you happen to end up in Dirty Jerz over the next month.

P.S. It doesn't look like much on the hanger, but this hourglass form dress from Anthro is bangin'. How can you possibly say no to a 100% polyester skin-tight retro cut in mustard-ass yellow? For most people that answer is, um, easily, but it's like my fantasy Clue dress; you get to be Miss Scarlet and Colonel Mustard at the same time. Win-win. 

20 comments:

  1. The show was fantastic! The work just beautiful. My husband I so enjoyed meeting you and P. I've talked about your blog so much, he felt like he knew you too. Thank you for being so welcoming.
    P.S. The dress was pretty awesome, but the shoes rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lily!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Lily! Can those of us not on the east coast get a closer look at the pieces sometime? The little glimpses are tantalizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful turn out! Still wish I was closer by to visit but I'm going to strongly hint for my mom and aunts to go, I think they would love your work. If you ever get a show in Pittsburgh, just let me know and I'll be there in a heart beat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was SO lovely and beautiful! Well worth the trip, and you looked quite dashing in that dress. You were also so happy -- as well you should be -- so you pretty much glowed making that dress anything BUT a 'possibly questionable fashion choice'. So thanks for the thanks, lovely lady! I'm happy we got to see your incredible work.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO happy it went well. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anthropologie clearly needs to officially change the color of that bangin' dress to "mustard-ass yellow".

    Your show looks amazing - so cool that some fellow bloggers came to support you!

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay congrats! The paintings look amazing in the space. Tantalising peek of you in said banging dress! The twinkle in that lady's eye must make her your kindergarten teacher, you look stoked to see her

    ReplyDelete
  9. dang lady, that dress *is* awesome. (i love how you made it reference a boardgame. i smell a fashion-blog theme...! haha.)

    congrats on the amazing turnout! i wish i could have been there, since it looks like it was a good crowd (and a good variety of age types...nothing like a buncha boring 20-something hipsters to guzzle all the wine and drive the payin folks out, huh?)...though in all seriousness, i probably would have snubbed the people and hung out with the paintings all night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm happy everything is going great. It must have been amazing to see your old teacher at your show, I bet she was proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. I ignore the internet for a week or two and all the best things happen. The paintings look outtasight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your work...your paintings would make awesome scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks peeps! You're the best! Sorry these pics are kinda the worst, but whatevs. Yes, yes, more shots of the actual work to come soon.

    Again, THANK YOU for all the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! Congrats, I am so glad it was a hit, and you had fun, and you got to wear a Clue Dress! Have another show in May will you? I will be hot to trot in ol NYC then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the small one in the middle.

    There is never anything questionable about anything mustard(ass)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad the opening went so well!! Congrats to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was wonderful finally meeting you! Congrats again on the show, and if you ever want to trade studio visits, I'm in Greenpoint, not too far from another Cafe Grumpy...

    Best, Amelie

    ReplyDelete
  18. a beautiful show...and thanks for your highlighting of ariele and her tables... a dream table is now in the works thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it looks like an awesome show,
    your art would sit so beautifully on my wall (I will have to keep this in mind)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: