Monday, November 28, 2011

Open Studios Recap

{In Which NYU MFAs Open Their Doors}











An enormous, week-late THANK YOU to those of you who came to Open Studios- it was a total blast meeting readers for the first time and dizzyingly joyful catching up with family and old-but-long-lost friends. We went through an entire case of wine (ENTIRE. CASE. OF WINE.) and five entire Whole Foods pizzas (those things are enormous!) in the first two hours in my studio alone. DAMN. My fellow MFA compadres all had a ball, and save for one wild-eyed dipsomaniac making a run for the door with a bottle of Two-Buck Chuck and an armful of mini Goldfish baglets (the chair of our program aprehended him: priceless), the weekend went off without a hitch. Which, let's be honest, is no small feat considering it was essentially an open house in the heart of the East Village, ground zero for tweakers 'n crazies. So anyway, THANK YOU, all yous, and you know who you are:)

Above, some pictures here and there of strangers, friends, family, and some poorly-lit night-shots of new paintings. Hope you had a marvelous, *restful* T-givs. More soon. 

13 comments:

  1. DUDE! how cool, I would have loved to come. I was actually in nyc that weekend, how I missed this epic news I know not, alas it was sheer dumb-assedness. I recognize some of your paintings, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that big painting of dancing greenery. Really grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy holds his wine weird, like a true artiste. Congrats on a rad open studio weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those glimpses of your paintings-you really know how to lay down paint, lady! (by the by I am still plotting how to get me one of these beauties-my house needs a little lily in it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like a splendid time! Beautiful work! Lots of pizza and wine almost always equals a good time. ;)

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhhh the painterly life! looks like the dark northeast is bringing moodier tones into your sunny canvases.....liking the horticulturally inspired forms - what a surprise. good news: days get longer come january! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Julie, I'm making a series of relief prints on this fan-f*cking-tastic handmade Japanese paper that will be for sale after my next show...a more affordable option if the big paintings are not in the budget:) I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww,,,so beautiful! wish I would have known! I totes would have come!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to go find pizza for lunch because of this. Chicken and pineapple and basil. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One very fine day you will show in England, yes? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could have been there. So rockin.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: