Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lobster for Everyone

{July 4th Recap}








July 4th in Maine. An island coming together over lobster, watermelon, a break in the weather. Four generations of islanders, summer people, a combination of the two, grilling, gossiping, catching up. Dogs and seagulls eyeing the abstract masterpiece of the compost bin. Peace and prosperity, says P. Salt air heady with the scent of wild roses, lupines. One last slice of watermelon before we say goodbye. A giddy bike ride home.

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend, and if you get the chance read this marvelous obit for American painter Cy Twombly, whose unique vision and disinterest in the fads and modes of the art world make him one of the most fascinating and delightfully inscrutable iconoclasts of postwar art. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens look at all this yumminess!!! WOW!!! Sending you a hug via the internet Lily!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to pass out. I love these photos I feel like I'm there but I cannot reach the food. Ahhh!

    P.S. Don't forget to enter our Lulu*s Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhhhhmmmmm... Seafood. Fresh seafood... Lucky pup!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it all sounds so down-right fabulous!! looking forward to exploring maine one day. it's a place i'd love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a long week end of work, but thanks anyway. Being vegetarian i'm not really into lobsters at all, but I love when people gather around a table to eat. Not that I love people that much, but I love food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want lobster now. and thanks for the twombly reference. one of my all time faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my...this looks pretty amazing. great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gah! This all looks too amazing-down to the mans suspenders and that wood shingled building. Plus, seafood has my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like some lunch! happy july!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: