Sunday, December 19, 2010

Street Food

{A Quick Trip To Delhi En Route to New York}






P. and I are going home for a whirlwind week to see our families over Christmas. Woot-woot! The primary activity will involve the intense snuggling of Biscuit and Dolly,  followed by the stuffing of faces with home-cooked vittles in the company of the people we love.

Since we're in Delhi for a day en route to New York, we indulged in some A+ Tip-Top First-Class street food (served on newspaper, which really gives it that inky je ne sais quoi). Tasty, but a potentially regrettable decision, seeing as we're about to board a 14-hour flight and you never quite know what the E. coli-to-chipati ratio is until it's too late.

Hope you all had a great weekend. The next time you hear from me I'll be here. Supposedly my dad has a stack of unchopped firewood and a hydraulic log-splitter waiting behind the barn, and it's got my name all over it.

12 comments:

  1. i TOTALLY know what you mean about that last part.
    looks dee-licious though?! if you have a second to call me this week in ny please do! will send you my vitals via eeeee-male. love and safe journeys--hope your're not laying over in anywhere in europe...tis a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious - i'm sure it was worth any discomfort. safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time at home. And yes, I just hope you are traveling with some Cipro:). The discomfort is one thing, the fever is another. As you know, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newspaper foods are the best foods. And CHRISTMAS IN NEW YORK, TO BOOT. It is a Very Fine Place for Christmas, most certainly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the doggies get to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at the farm Lily!! Enjoy every minute!! I know you will! Don't you just love good street food. YUM! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh have a lovely time.

    MMMMM. looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh! dolz & bisquik are gonna flip! i love you!! safe travels. am crossing my p's & q's we can see each other! and CALL ME WHEN YOU GET HOME! from amerique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not fair for your dad to make you work after flying half way around the world! Hydraulic beats manual, tho!

    So glad you are getting the chance to go home - we love you and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow. From India to a farm. No, wait: from India to a farm with Biscuit!! I'm so happy for you, I guess as much India can be wonderful, home is always home. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen shawarma, was that one of it?
    Brad Fallon

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: