Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Who Needs Hubcaps

{Holla from the Frontier}

So. The Scamp lost both hubcaps in Napa, we encountered a mosquito hatching of historic proportions in Crater Lake, Oregon, and there was an emergency midnight trip to the vet in Kalispell, Montana. But we're still married and both dogs are alive, so besides a few minor hiccups our little mobile space nugget adventure is *AWESOME.* Internet and cell phone service, not so much. We've seen the better part of the northwest quadrant of America at 55 miles per hour, and chickens, it's grand. Real posts with pictures coming soon. I promise. As soon we emerge from the backcountry and find a faster internet connection.

Also, skinny dipping in a lake in a National Park is fun but, as it turns out, illegal. Just FYI.

12 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call adventurin', especially the illegal skinny dipping. Looking forward to the next installment . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Even with the misadventures (possibly because of the misadventures?) this sounds like THE epic road trip.

    P.S. Your beautiful paintings landed on our doorstep last week and I can't get over the fact that they're mine! Naturally, they are not yet hung, because we have never managed to hang anything within a few months of purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the crap outta you--keep on truckin sister!
    (is it too late to buy a painting?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAA!!! OH man. This only just wet my appetite for your future posts!! Your adventure sounds unique and FANTASTIC. I'm hoping for great internet connection for your future. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'But we're still married', and 'Also, skinny dipping in a lake in a National Park is fun but, as it turns out, illegal. Just FYI' - bless you! And I cannot wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fantastic- okay maybe not the dogs at the vet or mosquito hatching! but back country, scamp, skinny dipping and all! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What grand adventures! I have never been skinny dipping but I intend to do it someday.

    By the by I made your recipe for strawberry shortcake and it was delicious! In fact I made twice for two different parties in one weekend. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha about the skinny dipping. If you're ever in The Grand Staircase National Monument you could give it another go. Just be sure that there isn't a nice family wading down the Escalante River at the same time. Since it's not a National Park, but a Monument instead maybe it's less illegal:) Who knows, but it might be fun to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait -- I *work* for the Park Service, and skinny dip in my own personal National Park regularly! I hereby absolve you of any sense of wrongdoing -- keep on dippin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aquatic trespassing; I would expect nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband swears that a skinny dip is Crater Lake is one of life's great joys. Is that where you took yours? I am dying laughing just picturing the park ranger that caught you. If you weren't caught - don't tell me. This image is too funny to spoil.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: