Friday, July 30, 2010

Crater Lake

{Looks Just Like In Da Pikchahs}

We woke up to the thrum of mosquitoes, scarfed down a quick breakfast, hitched the Scamp to the truck and drove up the switchbacks to the rim of Crater Lake. As we parked at the top a portly man readjusted his fanny pack below his impressive girth and called over to us, "Looks just like in da pikchahs." I suppose he was right, but still. It's unbelievable.







Next stop: Idaho.

(Also, to my horror, it was pointed out to me that I spelt San Francisco the sisterly way, as San Fransisco. I swear I know how to spell SF.  Bay Areans, please forgive.)

9 comments:

  1. Idaho...huh? i wish i can say that sounds like fun...i just have horrible long driving memories from my childhood and my dad making me stand next to the sign Shelly,Idaho...but im sure you will paint a new picture of it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful lake & photos

    enjoy the adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to go there for the longest time! You've renewed my desire. It looks absolutely beautiful. And your Scamp trip looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I forget how beautiful our country is. I said "Frisco" once and got a wicked stink-eye. Live and learn I guess. Happy Trails!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crater Lake is entirely gorgeous!! I visited it about 6 years ago and need to go back. Love the photos and happy voyaging! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap. Stuff like this is precisely why, despite my ig'nant fear of being lynched somewhere in the deep south, I still really, *really* want to go on a road trip across the US one day. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pickshas are beyouteeful!! That water looks like a mirror it is so still! I can't wait to see Idaho through your lens.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: