Friday, June 11, 2010

On Accomplices

{Or, Trespassing is Better with Company}

The light was so rich and golden last night you could have buttered corn just by waving it around in the air. I made my rounds shooting pictures of the abandoned cabins in our neighborhood while the light lasted, and just as the sun slipped over the mountains P. came out to join me with the dogs and two beers. We stood there together in the midst of the cabins, the gloaming, the desert, and all I could think was, this is a perfect moment. This is heaven. As it turns out trespassing is much better when committed with an accomplice, especially if said accomplice is the love of your life and in posession of a cold Wailua wheat beer.





Monday is our two year wedding anniversary, so we might celebrate this weekend with some Scamping and the bottle of Veuve Clicquot we've had in the fridge for a year. If the champagne's no good maybe I'll brine some chicken in it and see what happens. Because, if I've learned anything in the past two years, you just never know how things might work out.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

19 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, dear Lily!! Hope you guys have a great scamp adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, Lily!! 2 is just the most wunnerful thing! (At least until 3 I'll bet :) )

    And those photos are soooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorge photos. And life IS the best with an accomplice (especially one who brings beers). Happy 2 year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, anniversary and Flag day all rolled into one. Great photos, you can actually glimpse the boulders though the Jalousie's, and of course, the color on all is luscious. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pictures! i love those perfect moments : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily ... you are incredible and I am so happy I found you. This post was perfect ... the photos, your words!! Congrats on two years!!!! And wheat beer YUM! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now it's my turn to say congrats to you! Hooray for getting to kick it constantly with the love of your life. (I'm a big fan of that myself.) Have a great weekend celebrating...and if you do brine some chicken in that champagne, you must share the details because it sounds like a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pics lily and happy anniversary to you!

    mr. p. and i celebrated an anniversary at the joshua tree motel 3 years ago, met robert plant there, and bought our house in l.a.! all in one weekend.

    hope yours is as good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my gosh! Happy 2 years, L + P! I wish I had given you an anniversary hug last night. Much love, B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and happy anniversary. I absolutely adore those perfect moments where you know you are in the middle of something special. Those MAN ALIVE moments, I call them. Yours the other night was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary.I agree -you never know how it will turn out but its an adventure and with someone you love beside you its going to turn out to be a memorable adventure.Wish you much adventure and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Real nice set of Photographs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be HE feels even luckier!
    And I have the best chicken pot pie recipe with an herb crust, and the filling calls for champagne, should you need to use up the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. You know that second photo? I think maybe it's just for me. If it isn't, I will do my best to share. (I am not a very good sharer, but I have been practicing.)

    2. Even if it isn't and if I have to share, that photo is now the thing against which I will judge all other things--the smell of lilacs, for instance, and the moon.

    3. Happiest, happiest of anniversaries to you and your mister, Lily dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that middle one it is my favorite.

    after a week in the florida, thank you for bringing me back to the desert.

    happy 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww happy anniversary! I love it when those "perfect moments" arise and actually NOTICING that it's a perfect moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That scalloping detail is to die for.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: