Thursday, June 17, 2010

An Experiment

{Straight From My Studio to Your Living Room}

Now that summer is rolling around and most galleries shut their doors until September it seems like a good time to try a little experiment. I'm going to sell my homestead paintings directly to you. No galleries, no dealers, no middlemen. You don't have to wait a month until a show comes down to get your new painting and I don't have to split 50% of the sale. Let's see how this works. I'll post the new paintings here on the blog and on my website tomorrow at 9am Pacific time. You email me the title of the painting you want to buy; I email you a secure PayPal invoice. I ship the same day you pay and you have a homestead 2-3 days later. Huzzah.



See you maƱana.



P.S. and totally unrelated: I found a seriously rad three-foot long snakeskin in our driveway as I was leaving the house yesterday morning, which I naively left left in the Jeep with the dogs for five minutes while I ran into the post office. It was GONE when I came back. There's only one dog on this earth that would daintily, happily snack on three feet of shed snakeskin like it was a Belgian lace cookie, and his name is BISCUIT.

16 comments:

  1. love biscuit's dandelion crown! i think your experiment will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, naughty biscuit.

    Paintings! Here! Tomorrow!
    I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens, that angelic looking sweetie eats 3 ft. of snakeskin? Looks can be certainly deceptive!
    Loving your posts. I hope you get to sell lots and lots of homesteads this middlemanless way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooeee! Love your paintings - I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you already sell All He Ever Wanted Was A Perfect Lawn? i forget and i believe i want it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok you needed two separate posts: one titled "art-o-rama" or "homestead-a-palooza"

    AND

    "BISCUIT EATS SNAKE!"

    - the ed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that dear puppy just made my stomach flip :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now the question becomes....Where's that darn snake hiding? Skin is one thing, but from whenst it came is a whole nother issue. Some dark, cool corner me supposes. House, porch, rock? Yikes. Those Corgi's are something. I watched a cute little fellow take down a marmot twice it's size in minutes, helpless on horseback to help the poor creature. Yeah for the homesteads! I can hardly wait dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paintings for sale-count me excited!

    Also-strawberries and balsamic vinegar? What an unexpected marriage of two things I LOVE. must try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hooray!

    Also, squeeeeezing biscuit in my mind right now. Doesn't he want to come live with me while you're in India?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea~

    Are there any paintings of the divinely fabulous Biscuit? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. can't wait to see the experiment results!

    biscuit - i love him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Argh! Will that be 5pm GMT, then? I might have to be diving off the side of whichever road I'm driving down. Financial diet or no.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of all your good ideas, I like this one the best.
    I bet snakeskin is like doggie pork cracklins. Essentially tasteless, but satisfyingly crunchy. Lower cholesterol, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. biscuit is the cutest! great pet names btw!
    hugs-jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bey would have done THE SAME THING. She'd have gingerly nibbled the whole thing down using only her tiny front teeth and taken time between each bite to savor the crunchiness. She did it with a starfish once.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: