Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bellezza Sale

{Hand-Painted Italian Ceramics 15% Off Through June 15}

It would be selfish if I didn't tell you that the tiny but wondrous Bellezza Home & Garden shop was having a big sale, and that they are the nicest people to deal with, and that they lovingly wrap each hand-painted Italian plate with blue tissue paper and white ribbon. And that despite my best efforts it is impossible to chip or break these wares, and that every time I sit down at the table I'm grateful my sister suggested P. and I register there for our wedding. Even if P. says it looks like kindergartners painted them. I LOVE them.








And psst! The creamer and sugar bowl with the wee tray make the *best* wedding presents if you're looking for something practical with a bit of whimsy.

6 comments:

  1. do i spy an octopus on the saucer? wow...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! An octopus! And a horse! And a pig! And a chicken that comes in cobalt, ultramarine and CHARTEUSE! Can you even imagine such wonders?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The octopus is my favorite! I've got a couple mugs on the way already...with a wicked long wish list. Or is the crab my favorite?? hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think one day i'd just like to come to joshua tree and sit at your colourful table and eat ALL this lovely food that you keep featuring on your blog. everything is so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dishes are lovely...pretty dishes are a must... especially if you cook and photograph...oh so long ago when i was on my way newlywedness...i registered for 3 sets of dishes and glasses and people thought i was weird...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that tablecloth - just adore it. Is it a quilt, a bedspread, a length of fabric, a tablecloth? What?

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: