Friday, May 7, 2010

Someone Else's Honey

{And More Interesting, Non-Art Related Things}

Enough shameless self-promotion already. The shows open tomorrow and that's the last you have to hear about it. Cept I might post some pics next week, if you're cool with that. On to more interesting things. Like that incredible desert light that makes even hanging laundry out to dry a poetic task.


Or the way water catches in the wee nodes of my spiky aloe after a blast with the hose.


And how my spotted aloe shot up a spear of coral bells in a matter of two weeks.


Or the fact that my silver dollar cactus decided to sprout a new dollar. Seriously people, this is a really proud moment for me. That thing's been teetering on the brink of death for the past six months.


Or the fact that my heady, vivacious lavender is feeding someone else's honey bees. I love knowing that someone nearby will eventually spread some home-harvested honey on their toast and think, hmm, this stuff is herbal and peppery and marvelous. I wonder what my bees got into. 


Hope you have a marvelous weekend. My mummy arrives on Sunday. Cannot wait.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Lily! I adore that laundry shot. I am a total sucker for all things laundry-related. Yes, I actually love to do laundry and find comfort from clotheslines, clothespins, lavender-scented Mrs. Meyers, the sound of a tumbling dryer--sigh.

    Have a fabulous show! Can't wait to hear all about it. xoxo g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to taste some of that honey.My dream is have my own beehives.
    Good luck with the shows & have a great time with your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so wanted to come see your show and you in person. I have friends of my own swarming into town, and lots of things to do to mismanage my time. Have a wonderful, prosperous show, your paintings are a dream. Big Kiss to all mom's on Mother's Day, yours included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun with mom today! those pictures are lovely, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your show was fantastic fun...still sad i couldnt come...love the pictures...and of course i am crazy for the spanish lavender...hope you are having fun with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. from my jardin to yours. or yours to mine...i hope the opening went well and your mummy has fun and your lavender wants to come over sometime and play...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pictures...Hope you had an awesome day!

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos ... and that lavender is gorgeous. Honey is my all time favorite sweet. Sending you a hug Lily! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: