Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oops

{Four Days Before the Show}

Despite my best efforts to be Organized & Prepared I had a rather disastrous evening in the studio that involved a dozen custom wood frames and some overzealous work with an electric sander. The details of which will be omitted here because, fair reader, I have realized that the very people who might be attending the show might also, in fact, be reading this blog. So in an effort to preserve a shred of dignity and ounce of professionalism I shall just say that I made an emergency trip to Home Depot at 9pm last night. And that I placed an emergency call to Brad The Woodworker who builds custom dog houses in the hi-dez, and who is rumored to have a bandsaw. Tomorrow holds all the answers.

Honey, Let's Buy It / 9 x 12 in. / oil on panel / 2010

7 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha.....to the name of the painting! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the disastrous evening, Lily, but glad there are answers to the problem!

    I love the painting and its name, which reminds me of the week Todd and I bought our first house several years ago. I got him a little gift of a refrigerator magnet that read, "Darling, let's go deeply into debt." We did, and we are.

    Best of luck with preparations for the show! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot. Those nights do happen. Don't worry, it will all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadness. BUT, super excited to get a little sneak peek. Best of luck with the framing issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, I've been there. I think building frames are the bane of my existence. When I am a famous artist a personal frame builder is right up there with a masseuse. Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an great name! Guess I'm not the only one to think so either...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it. if i wasn't on the opposite coast, i'd make every effort to attend your show. i'm sure it's going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: