Thursday, May 6, 2010

Done and Hanging

{Somehow, Amazingly, The Shows Are Up}

Fret not, fair ones. Brad the Woodworker saved the day and fixed the frames. I hung both shows this afternoon with the help of Miss Mt. Fuji and Mama True World, and I am *so* excited. For these three reasons:


1. I'm psyched how the body of work turned out. Usually I ho and hum with despair or regret as soon as I hang a show (I should have spent more time on the sky! I should have fixed that crooked roof line!) but this time, for the first time, I'm letting go. The paintings aren't perfect but they're framed and hanging and there's nothing I can do about it now. It's a hard lesson to learn -that letting go thing- but I'm getting there. Above: Rhubarb Eater / 9 x 12 in. / oil on panel.


2. My dashing huz can't come to the shows. This = major, major bummer. HOWEVER, P's absence is slightly mollified by the fact that my dear mummy is flying out the desert on Sunday, so I cannot WAIT for some ma-n-daughter time. Also, one of my favorite bloggers might be coming to the shows with her husband. I know, cyber pals meet in real life. What a crazy world. Above: Biscuit oversees quality control as I finish framing at bigBANG studio.


3. There's half a casserole dish of strawberry rhubarb crumble in the fridge. Yes, someone commented that it looked like cat vomit when I brought it to a potluck last weekend. No, I have no problem polishing it off all on my own.  Accompanied by a glass of whole milk. Above: A wall of finished work at True World Gallery in early evening light. Below: L.A. Seemed So Far Away / 9 x 12 in. / oil on panel.


Munchkins, all these paintings are for sale through Mt. Fuji General Store or True World Gallery. If any of them strike your fancy email me at lily dot stockman at gmail dot com for prices. And if you're in the hi-dez region this Saturday come to the gallery crawl in downtown Joshua Tree from seven to ten- it's going to be a HOOT, and I'm one lucky hussy to be a part of it!

And psst...pics of individual paintings up on my secret test blog here. Keep in mind they're now framed like the ones above, and are brighter and crisper in person.

8 comments:

  1. i am so proud of you and wish i could come to this show! i love you. these look AMAZING lulu. honestly. clap clap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the paintings look wonderful, even tiny tiny on a dull laptop screen! Yay for letting go, and for your mad brush skills, and for your toesies that have reminded me that even tough desert girls and mountain girls can have pretty, girly feet.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would help you with that rhubarb. :)

    Your paintings are wonderful - esp. love the palette and size

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could come to your show! Every thing looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all.

    We're definitely going to try to come while we're there! I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! So exciting to see them hanging. And can't wait to see them (and you) in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the support, gals! It's going to be a fun night because every gallery in tiny little Joshua Tree is going to have an opening- we must have one of the highest ratios of art galleries per capita in the nation! Now we just need some collector to roll through town... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LILY! I love them! Really, really, oh my.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: