Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Time Last Year

{Bike Trip with Dad}

My dad is on the West Coast for business and made a quick excursion out to Joshua Tree to visit P. and me late last night. Over midnight dinner we remembered that this time last year we were somewhere in the Arizona desert on our father-daughter bike trip. We have this quasi-annual tradition in our family where my dad takes one of us four knucklehead daughters on a motorcycle trip to some place we've never been. And I had never been to the Grand Canyon.
It's a pretty swell way to get some QT with the pops. 

 

My dad wore khaki pants the entire time, which amused me to no end. Khakis don't win you much street cred when you roll into an Indian reservation on a Harley, but that's how my dad rolls, and I love him for it.

8 comments:

  1. Now that is exactly the kind of trip I want to take with my dad. Lily you are just so so .... GREAT!!! I love these photos, and cheers to hanging out with dads!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. rad.

    i want to do this with my dad. cept i would be on my own bike.

    hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. Motorcycles scare the hell out of me...even though I secretly want to ride one. What a great tradition to have with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are amazing. I'm such a wimp - the furthest I've ever let my dad take me on his motorcycle is in a loop around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is totally awesome...im like totally from the eighties right now...that is a cool trip to take with your pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great father daughter tradition. Your Pop sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing like bike bonding! Martin and I went for a long motorcycle ride the other night and were talking about doing a road trip. That's such an awesome thing for your Dad to do with you guys! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh that is so amazing!!!! Awwwww. :) I love it! I wish I could do this with my dad! He rides motorcycles too and he used to take me for spins when I was younger. Great memories of that. We live so far apart now. If we didn't, I'd make him take me on a trip on the bike!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: