Wednesday, March 24, 2010

All Owl, All the Time

{What's Better Than A Live Owlcam? A Live Owlcam with BABY OWLETS.}

We happily interrupt our regular programing to bring you Molly the wild barn owl, with her tawny hollow feathers and heart-shaped face. A tiny camera placed in the owl box where she's nesting reveals everything from owly yawns, owly chortles, and at dusk, the husband owl bearing gifts of headless prey.  Patience is rewarded with glimpses of BARN OWL EGGS and NEWLY-HATCHED OWLETS. I know, I can hardly contain myself either.  Click here for all owl, all the time.


thanks to Penguin + Fish.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my God! I could totally get sucked in and watch her for the rest of the afternoon! How amazing is she??! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i LOVE this! i might just keep this going on my laptop all day as i go about my other doings...what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for bringing 100% more owl to my cubicle today.

    Also: I am on a gigantic, neglect-my-meals-and-project-dealdlines Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros bender. Know that I blame you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie's going to freak, if she hasn't already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got reports from my little sis that He-Owl delivered decapitated rabbit and that She-Owl is feeding bunny bits to the babies. Leaving studio early to see for maself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's another one if you're interested: http://www.starrranch.org/blog/?page_id=2

    This is actually right behind my house. I got to look at the live film at the Audubon itself! They are such pretty creatures, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owl is sleeping right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad called me last night to ask what I've been up to, and I had to *really* draw out my description of the leek tart I was making, since "Well, I've been watching this owl on the internets..." probably would have failed to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word!!!!!!! Oh my wonderful wonderful word. I might never leave the house again...

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: