Thursday, January 21, 2010

Strange Bedfellows

{Or, A Spotted Dog in Bed}

It pours and it pours.  Now the fog has set in and I can't see the mountains. The rain is flirting with turning into snow this very moment as I pack up my bags to head to the studio. I'm off to a late start because let me tell you friends, it was VERY hard to get out of bed this morning. For one dappled reason, documented via iPhone ToyCamera:



Having a spotted, dewlapped dog in the bed is VERY against the rules in this tiny house. Even if the dog in question does have a velveteen face. But P. left for work long before it was light, and there was a doggy that was cold and scared of the thunder. A dog whot needed comforting, and a person whot needed snuggling. After all, it was freezing and pouring rain.

 
The weather shows no sign of relenting. All this rain means an explosion of wildflowers this spring, but right now it means sandbagging your house and flash floods. And very, very washed-out roads. So I better get over to the studio before it washes away (I kid, kind of). Good thing I've got P's old Jeep which, despite its shortcomings (hand-crank windows, no powerlocks), does have sick 4 x 4 and a sub-woofer like whoa.

Stay safe, stay dry, and thank you for all the truly wonderful comments over this past week.

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet little face! It's been pouring here for days too and there are 2 little pups hiding under my workbench from the thunder! Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are supposed to start working on training our dogs to stay off the bed. or at least not to just leap directly onto the bed whenever they enter the bedroom. i too like to snuggle with my dogs when the boyfriend is away, but for sleeping, two dogs and two people in one bed is just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who breaks bedfellow rules. The Boy has been on night shifts, so I've been sneaking a little warm vibrating kitten into bed to me (VERY much against our rules), to make it seem that little bit less cold and lonely.

    And I really want to meet you one fine day. You and your sub-woofer like whoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is...SO...adorable! I love his face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was delightful!!! I want to see this jeep.. you should post a picture of you with your jeep. It just stopped raining here and I had to avoid possible land slides on my commute... I have just tried to keep in mind that LiL California needs this rain. Much love Lily! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the weather it sounded like and absolutely perfect morning. He really is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur iphone pics look very polaroid. And tell me, have you ever considered writing a book - one with story and pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful dog.I hope you are awash in wild flowers very soon until then keep warm and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They tend to get away with so many things!!!!
    I adore these images, they are just like my Noir dog on my son's bed!!!
    How did you make it out of the bed? I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  10. your Jeep sounds just like one I dream of. if you tell me it's a faded green, I'll really fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how i love the second picture!!! today i took a picture of our two very large dogs and my husband curled up in our very small bed, but in that bed was my whole life.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: