Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Down What Road You May Be Traveling

{Happy Thanksgiving}

My family and P's family arrived in Joshua Tree late last night. The air was cold. The Pleiades paraded across the desert sky like sisters joined hands and dancing.  A neighbor's wood fire tickled my nose as I unloaded the last of the groceries from the truck in the dark. Even the dogs seem to anticipate something wonderful, something momentous about to happen. There is so much to be grateful for.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you are, down what road road you may be traveling.


8 comments:

  1. sorry i am missing the pleiades! have a wonderful time with your families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to you aas well sweet lily! enjoy--i am so thankful to have found you in this funny little blogland...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Sending you Thanks for always brightening my day with your blog!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family and the beautiful desert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi dear lily ~ just wanted to say hello and send very warm wishes to you and yours as you celebrate thanksgiving ... i am certainly most grateful for having met you this past while ~ for having a most delightful glimpse into your life through your amazing works and witty writings ... truly a delight!
    i think we are lucky fish in this great big sea ... or great big desert ... or great big prairie ... just plain lucky!
    cheers!
    prairiegirl xoxo
    ps. do pop by if you get a moment ... ;) ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
    Glad I stopped in.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!
    You are such a good story teller.
    That poor frozen headless moose is probably living a lie after his death.
    I bet you that ol' chain saw wielding crazy is still boasting about his great hunt.
    I'm sure he emphasizes how he looked into the great beast's eyes and wrastled him down with his bare hands.

    yeesh.

    ps; I'd love to see your show but I'll be here in Miami soaking up the Art Basel leftovers.
    I look forward to seeing more work on your site.

    tootles.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: