Friday, October 16, 2009

You're Invited!

{Open Studios in the Hi-Dez}



The pleasure of your company (and that of your dog if she is well-behaved) is requested
{at}
The Open Studio of Yours Truly
under circumstances of The HWY 62 Art Tours
{on}
Sat. Oct 31st & Sun. Nov 1
9am - 5pm
{in}
Joshua Tree, CA




There's a flurry of activity in Joshua Tree right now as artists prepare for the upcoming HWY 62 Art Tours, and you're invited. The Art Tours run for the last two weekends in October in the high desert (or the hi-dez) and it's a marvelous time of year to see some wacky architecture, peek into the lives of desert-dwellers and hopefully come home with some amazing ART.

I'm opening up our house (bigBANG studio is too small!) the second weekend (9am - 5pm, Saturday October 31st & Sunday November 1st) and will be showing a whole new body of work as well as some giant chicken paintings. If you live in Southern California and need an excuse to come see what all the fuss is about with Joshua Tree, do come! Oh, and I'm giving a 10% discount to anyone who mentions my bigBANG blog. Homemade gourmet finger-food, daytime wine-drinking, music, warm desert sun, friends and art. Come!

Whether you like near or far, if you'd like a postcard for the show email me (lily dot stockman at gmail dot com) your street address and I'll happily send one off to you. Have an awesome weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I so, so wish I could come! I've sent you an email to get my postcard, though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm amazed at how much art related stuff happens in the hi desert.
    i think i'll have to settle for the postcard dear. you'll be getting a mail from me.
    do post some pics of the open day please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone say daytime wine-drinking? I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be oh so fantastic! Too bad I can't come. But since it happens every year I can make some serious plans to attend next year! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn: